Anyone who has stayed in a short-term vacation rental is well aware of the advantages of staying in a private home rather than traditional traveler lodging — better price, more flexibility, more space, more choices, and so forth.
Monterey, CA, October 20, 2019 — Anyone who has stayed in a short-term vacation rental is well aware of the advantages of staying in a private home rather than traditional traveler lodging — better price, more flexibility, more space, more choices, and so forth.
Those advantages are still applicable when one opts for a longer-term vacation rental, such as a one-month rental. Thirty days may seem a like a long time, but when you vacation in an area such as the Monterey Peninsula, a few days is certainly not enough to see and experience all the area has to offer.
The vacation rental professionals at Monterey-based Sanctuary Vacation Rentals, which was founded more than 11 years ago and represents more than 100 homes across the Monterey Peninsula, specializes in both short-term and longer-term rentals and have surveyed both renters and owners about the advantages and disadvantages of both.
“Renting for 30 days creates a mutually beneficial situation,” said Annee Martin, Sanctuary Vacation Rentals, Owner/President/Design Team/Realtor. “Homeowners gain security by renting for large chunks of time. And renters can really live the life of a local, not a tourist, exploring every corner of this beautiful region while enjoying all the comforts of a true home away from home.”
Here are seven reasons to rent a one-month vacation rental:
1. You have a home base. It’s your home away from home. You can sleep in, go on an outing, shopping, sightseeing or whatever it is that you would want to do. There are no check-out times. You will not be woken up by housekeeping knocking on the door. If you’re not feeling well, you can stay in for a day and rest and recuperate and not feel that you’re missing out.
2. You only need to unpack and pack once. You can unpack everything you brought with you without having to worry about packing up in a day or two, giving you more leisure time. And you’re not living out of your suitcase.
3. You have more room and more time to use it. Vacation rentals have much more space than the average hotel room. There’s more room to stretch out, relax and use areas of the home you may not use if you’re only there for a day or two. Plus, there are usually more bathrooms and areas where you can get away from everyone else and have some quiet alone time.
4. You can choose the type of property with the amenities and comforts you want. Unlike many hotels, you can pick a home that has a hot tub, Jacuzzi or even a pool or one that comes furnished with fire pits and gas barbecue grills. Some homes even come equipped with beach toys, bicycles, and other recreational equipment.
5. You can save money. By grocery shopping and cooking some meals “at home,” you can save money and use it on excursions and sightseeing instead of eating out every night. And if you want to eat out, you still have that option too. You can also split the costs with your friends and family and use it on weekends and still be ahead.
6. You have more flexibility. You can plan longer excursions or short trips or do them in stages, knowing you have more than a day or two to experience them all. You can invite family and friends to visit on weekends or for a couple of days.
7. Finally, you can do all of the above in the location of your dreams. Vacation rentals give you more options than a hotel room, whether it’s a quaint Carmel cottage or a multi-room Pebble Beach mansion with an expansive view, you’ll be able to find something that fits your dream perfectly.
For more information on one-month vacation rentals and all the options available to you, go to https://www.sanctuaryvacationrentals.com or call Sanctuary toll-free at (800) 614-6706.
About Sanctuary Vacation Rentals
Founded in 2008 by Annee Martin, Sanctuary Vacation Rentals boasts a team of 20 professionals and represents almost 100 homes across the Monterey Peninsula, including Carmel-by-the-Sea, Carmel proper, Carmel Highlands, Big Sur, Pebble Beach, Pacific Grove, Monterey, Marina, Seaside, Carmel Valley and the Highway 68 corridor near the airport and Laguna Seca.
Sanctuary’s roster of homes includes everything from cozy two-bedroom cottages in Carmel and Pacific Grove to larger four- to six-bedroom homes that can accommodate up to 12 people and luxurious Pebble Beach homes with ocean views. Many of the homes are within walking distance to the area’s beaches, restaurants, shopping and tourist attractions.
Sanctuary homes all invoke a sense of peace and harmony, allowing guests to relax, revitalize their lives, reconnect with one another, and above all, have fun. Sanctuary’s goal is to provide guests with a sanctuary from all the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Its vision is to inspire and nurture the hearts and souls of guests with the beauty and magic of the Monterey Peninsula while staying in one of its vacation homes.
Sanctuary Vacation Rentals
888 Munras Ave., Suite 100
Monterey, CA 93940
Phone: (831) 233-6340
Toll-Free: (800) 614-6706
Marci Bracco Cain
Salinas, CA 93901